CHAPTER 3 Emergent Literacy
- What are the stages of language acquisition?
- What are some of the literacy-related concepts that come into play when children from birth to kindergarten share in literacy experiences?
- How is emergent literacy defined, and how does this differ from reading readiness?
- What are the key components of emergent literacy that help determine whether a child will be successful in learning to read and write?
- What are the major influences on children’s early literacy development?
- How can parents and teachers best foster the development of emergent literacy?
- How do the Common Core State Standards impact emergent literacy education?
- What are some research-supported emergent literacy interventions for children with special needs?
- What are strategies to use with students who are in the early stages of learning to read and write while learning to become fluent in speaking English?