CHAPTER 9 Writing–Reading Connections
- What are appropriate writing goals for primary-grade students? How can these goals be achieved for every child?
- How can writing workshop be used to help young children learn about print and see themselves as authors?
- How can a writing program be structured so that students write about topics that are interesting to them and write stories that are personally meaningful?
- In what ways can teachers use modeling and writing structures to encourage emergent writers to acquire the conventions of written language?
- How can “reading to write” and “writing to read” strategies be used to nurture young students’ emerging literacy skills?
- In what ways can students be supported to be effective writers across genres, and use specific text features strategically to make their writing meaningful, purposeful, and effective?