After reading this chapter, you should know . . .
- The differences and similarities in studio, field, and remote productions.
- The physical characteristics of studios and control rooms and the equipment found in them.
- Some real-world considerations of field production.
- How trucks and cameras operate in remote productions.
- The basic control functions of transducing, channeling, selecting/altering, monitoring, and recording/playback.
- Differences between analog and digital.
- How digital technologies have contributed to HDTV and convergence.
- A brief historical background of video production.
- Aspects of employment in the video industry.
- The importance of developing disciplines and techniques.
On Set Exercises
Key Terms List