After reading this chapter, you should know . . .
- The basic components and special attributes of video signals.
- The advantages of digital signals over analog signals, and the basic methods of encoding digital video.
- The importance of compression in digital video, and the major methods of compression.
- The basic design and operation of digital video servers, including the concepts of ingesting and asset management.
- Other digital-based storage options for video, including optical media and memory cards.
- The basic layout and operation of typical videotape recorder operational controls.
- The basic process of creating digital video files for use with computers and portable devices.
On Set Exercises
Key Terms List