After reading this chapter, you should know . . .
- The reasons for a greater need for discipline in the field.
- The different cast and crew members needed in the field as well as varying tasks that are undertaken on location.
- The organizational duties a producer must perform to ensure a smooth production.
- How to direct on location.
- How cameras are used in the field.
- About lighting for both indoor and outdoor locations.
- How to handle audio problems in the field.
- The lesser role that graphics and sets play in many field shoots.
- The functions of the recording part of the camcorder.
- The greater role editing plays in single-camera shooting.
- How remote truck production is similar to and different from both studio and field production.
On Set Exercises
Key Terms List