After reading this chapter, you should know . . .
- The basic scanning processes used to create video.
- The role of hue, saturation, and luminance in creating video color.
- How a camera produces video signals.
- Lens characteristics and principles of lens operation.
- The theory and operation of zoom lenses.
- Common camera controls and how they are used.
- How different types of camera mounting equipment are used.
- Basic camera shots and how they are used.
- Basic principles of picture composition, including framing, headroom, angle of elevation, and balance for standard-definition and high-definition formats.
- Basic camera operation techniques.
On Set Exercises
Key Terms List