After reading this chapter, you should know . . .
- The basic configuration and design concepts of switchers.
- The types of buses found on switchers.
- The functions of various buses found on switchers.
- The basic operating concepts of a typical switcher, including performing cuts, dissolves, wipes, and other effects.
- Advanced functions of switchers, including digital effects and the control of external equipment.
- Commands given by the director to the technical director operating the switcher.
On Set Exercises
Key Terms List